One of the last items on a couple’s to-do list when planning a wedding is the seating chart. They have received all (or most!) of their RSVPs and now must decide where their guests will sit at the wedding reception. Some couples are choosing to allow guests to sit wherever they please which is just fine. But if you are on the fence about whether or not to have a seating chart at your wedding here are some reasons it may be a good idea to have one.
- No empty seats: You are paying to rent these chairs. If guests are not told where to sit, there will most likely be empty seats between guests who do not know each other.
- They are cute: Seating charts can be so clever and creative. You can even match your seating chart design to your invitation or ceremony program design.
- A “home” for personal belongings: Having assigned seats helps guests know where to put their things (like a jacket or shoes when they take them off to dance).
- It’s courteous: Guests with limited mobility will appreciate an assigned seat.
- It says, “We are happy you’re here!”: Don’t you feel special when you know someone has written your name down in anticipation of your arrival?
Photo by Melanie Grady
Rentals by Southern Events
Flowers by Foxglove and Heather
Planning by Sweetwater Events